Technical Project Manager shall lead and support an implementation team responsible for implementing software solutions in coordination with an existing Program Manager, Scrum Master and Solution Architect.
- Lead an implementation team of software engineers, information assurance (IA) engineers, and requirements/testing analysts in architecture, design development, testing, documentation, demonstrations, agile best practices and other project activities.
- Manage and grow technical and analyst team members.
- Participate in and guide architecture and design sessions.
- Participate in and guide code reviews.
- Participate in daily stand-up meetings and associated activities (daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demos and retrospectives, etc.).
- Help to manage the requirements backlogs in the management system.
- Aid team in estimations, assignments, and determining suitable commitments for each sprint.
- Balance the prioritization of technical debt against new feature implementation and software delivery.
- Oversee and assist with requirements definition and management.
- Oversee and assist with test case definition and management, as well as testing and deployment processes and cycles.
- Use and improve upon use of Azure DevOps or similar Agile/CI-CD tool to manage the implementation lifecycle.
- Team with the Program Manager, Solution Architect, subject matter experts (SMEs) and other stakeholders to recommend way ahead objectives and develop and contribute to strategies, roadmaps, schedules, plans, architectures, and presentations.
- Define, document and configuration manage project standards and resources.
- Research, evaluate and recommend tools and technologies, and industry and government standards.
- Champion WTI CMMI-DEV L3 and CMMI-SVC L2 processes and contribute to the implementation of best practices and continuous improvement of company and project processes.
- Work in a SCIF as necessary.
- Travel up to twenty percent of the time (expected to be within the US).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Top Secret (TS) Clearance/SCI eligible.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering Management, Statistics, Business Administration or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- 10+ years of professional experience in a software development related field.
- 5+ years of leading a software development project or 3-5 years leadership experience with a commensurate amount of software development experience.
- Strong understanding of the agile software development philosophy and agile best practices, Scrum and Kanban principles and practical experience leading agile teams.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, and MS Project.
- Knowledge of and experience with project management best practices.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of software development cycles, configuration management (git, subversion, etc.), release management and issue/requirements/bugs tracking (JIRA, Azure DevOps, Test Track Pro, etc.).
- 10. A solid technical background including some subset of the following:
a. Solid understanding of computer science fundamental such as data structures, algorithms, computer architecture, etc.
b. Solid understanding of computer/software/network security fundamentals/best practices.
d. Professional experience with SQL/NoSQL from user and programmatic points-of-view (Accumulo/BigTable, MongoDB, MarkLogic, Neo4j, Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, SQLServer, etc.)
e. Professional experience with at least one web-development stacks/technologies such as Java/Spring/J2EE, Angular, ASP.NET.
f. Experience with virtual machines and cloud computing (AWS, Azure, VirtualBox, VMWare, Vagrant, Docker).
g. Working knowledge of Linux.
h. Significant experience with front-end and back-end web application development.
- Knowledge of graph databases and development of or experience working with taxonomies, ontologies, OBP, and ABI.
- Experience leading a system or significant system component through a certification and accreditation (C&A) process to achieve authority to operate (ATO) on a classified network.
- Experience designing and developing microservices-based solutions deployable in secure networks (NIPRNet, SIPRNet and JWICS).
- Background in military and/or DoD (AF preferred) intelligence collection, analysis, and targeting and adversary weapons systems/equipment.
- Experience with organizations such as NGA, NRO, AMC, NASIC and DARPA.
- Familiarity with IC enterprise architecture initiatives such as IC ITE, DI2E, JIE, DCGS, DCGS Modernization, etc.
- Experience with data modeling and/or developing ontologies/taxonomies for the DoD/IC (Examples: MIDB, Cybox, STIX, MAEC, Knowledge Wall, etc.)
- Agile certifications such as Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified or Professional Scrum Trainer (CST, PST).
- PMP certification.