The Data Governance and Analytics Analyst shall synthesize insights from the vast amount of data captured by Government employees, and partner closely with Government analysts. The Contractor shall collaborate with key stakeholders to craft strategies to improve the performance of the team. The Contractor shall generate and share learnings and drive the execution of the strategic recommendations made through project management. The Contractor shall combine a passion for innovative analysis with the ability to build, engage, and retain a team of highly talented analysts. The Contractor shall ideally have worked in a similar role (operations, support, analytics), and shall feel comfortable interacting with other stakeholders and senior management on a regular basis.
- Provide expert analysis and recommendations on current and emerging approaches and technology for big data management and analytics.
- Apply accounting and auditing concepts to client situations.
- Perform financial, budgetary, and operational data analytics.
- Meet engagement project expectations defined by project and engagement stakeholders.
- Identify, communicate, and address project risks, assumptions, and constraints.
- Manage resources, communications, and cost management of projects/programs.
- Assume responsibility for the collection and documentation of project and engagement financial, accounting and audit related information for daily, weekly, monthly, and ad hoc reporting, as directed.
- Assume responsibility for the completion and delivery of engagement specific work products and deliverables.
- Ability to conduct detailed research and analysis of technical information.
- Knowledge of industry leading data quality and data protection management practices.
- Knowledge of data related government regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues.
The following are the minimum qualifications for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Social / Physical / Life Science, Business, or related field OR Minimum five (5) years of experience in data analytics or a directly related field.
- Five (5) or more years of analytical experience, in product / BI analytics, business operations.
- Experience with reporting and visualization platforms (e.g. Tableau).
- Experience with scripting/programming for data mining and modeling (R, Python).
- Proficiency in SQL, OBIE, R, Tableau, Python, PowerBI or similar tools.
- Proficient in the following Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
Clearance: DHS Clearance Preferred
Place of Performance: The primary place(s) of performance shall be Washington, D.C., or a telework location.