Contract Specialist shall provide support for the provision of a full range of acquisition support services that range from assisting internal customers with acquisition planning, market research and the development of acquisition packages; to drafting solicitations and award documents; and all related contract administration functions, such as creating modifications and maintaining spreadsheets.
- Assist customers with the development of acquisition packages, including the conduct of acquisition planning and market research;
- Create solicitations and solicit quotes/proposals using a variety of prescribed means in accordance with the Federal Acquisition Regulation, other applicable regulations, policies and statutes, and internal client policies.
- Assist the Government with the conduct of negotiations
- Create modifications and contract documents in accordance with the Federal Acquisition Regulation, other applicable regulations, policies and statutes, and internal Agency policies.
- Ensure contract files are documented in accordance with the Federal Acquisition Regulation, other applicable regulations, policies and statutes, and internal Agency policies.
- Comply with the required level of effort stated in the contract.
- Ensure contracts are documented in accordance with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and internal Agency policies.
- Work with CORs to develop acquisition packages.
- Receive assignment of Purchase Requests (PRs).
- Review PR packages to understand requirements, determine their complexity and assess the completeness of required documentation.
- Develop and review support documents, such as Acquisition Plans, Market Research reports, Independent Government Cost Estimates, Limited Source Justifications (e.g., JOFOC, SSJ), Evaluation Factors, Requirements Documents (e.g., PWS, SOW), Technical Evaluations, Proposals/Quotes, and other supporting documents.
- Draft the entire spectrum of contract documents, such as pre-solicitation notices, solicitations, contracts, modifications, determinations and findings, justifications and approvals, etc.
- Draft procurement summaries, bid abstracts, solicitations, synopses, contract awards, etc.
- U.S. Citizen; Public Trust eligible
- DAWIA/FAI level II equivalent; Level III preferred
- Perform a wide variety of acquisitions, mainly simplified acquisitions (FAR Part 13, 13.5), Federal Supply Schedule procurements (FAR Part 8.4), negotiated contracts (FAR part 15) using commercial practices (FAR part 12), and awards of BPAs (FAR 8.4 & 13) and IDIQ contracts (FAR Part 16.5),